Saturday, May 14, 2016

Quiet Riot ‎– Metal Health

I purchased my first copy of this in the fall of 1983 (I was in 11th grade) and listened to it about 30 times in a row as I sat on the floor of my bedroom making the mask on the cover from sheet metal for a Halloween party the next week. I worked really hard on the mask, making all the little bends, holes, and stains. My mask was about a 99% perfect copy. I went to the party and found out it was not a costume party and later forgot the mask at the party. Listening to this again after decades reminds me of a great time in my life and the most remarkable thing about this record is that it STILL sounds as fresh as it did in 1983. Seriously. Every single song on this album is great and it flows really, really well.


Tracklist
Metal Health 5:16
Cum On Feel The Noize 4:50
Don't Wanna Let You Go 4:42
Slick Black Cadillac 4:12
Love's A Bitch 4:11
Breathless 3:51
Run For Cover 3:38
Battle Axe 1:38
Let's Get Crazy 4:08
Thunderbird 4:43

No comments:

Post a Comment